An update on COVID-19 and your clinic visit
Vet Central Animal Hospital is taking precautionary measures to curb the spread of the virus to keep you, your pets and our staff safe. If we are exposed to COVID-19 we will have to quarantine the Practice and this will impact on our ability to care for the animals in our local community.
So, to reduce the likelihood of an outbreak of COVID-19 at our practice, we kindly request that if you are unwell, are self-isolating, have had contact with a person that may have COVID-19 or have travelled recently, to refrain from coming in to the Practice. Please call us to discuss how best we may help you and your pet.
Further, we have had to change the ways that you can engage with us in these difficult times as listed below:
1. Consultations are by appointment only.
2. Please arrive on time. Only 2 clients are permitted at our Reception area to maintain social-distancing.
3. Only 1 person with the pet will allowed in the consultation room.
4. Consultations will be shorter to allow for staff to sterilise and disinfect the rooms in between consultation times.
5. Priority will have to be given to serious cases rather than preventative cases.
6. We regret that clients will not be allowed the use of our toilet in order to protect our own staff from possible infection.
7. To minimise physical contact we prefer that all payments are by card rather than cash.
We wish you and your pet good health over these difficult times.